I am trying (to understand). In the process, I hope to share my experiences on this platform... When I write, I need to self-talk, read, re-read, (re-write)... Then I find gaps, my mis-understandings, errors both in my writing as well as in behavior. And I get lessons on what I need to learn/improve. Then I try. I fail. I re-try. I fail. Did I? No, because I tried again. This is my way of life to lead myself: Personally and Professionally. Checkout my other blogs and work at http://www.worldOFkaizen.com/

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Am I 'Short-sighted' or 'Long-sighted'?

"Bring my gold-rimmed glasses, Paddy" 
Boasted she while making her presentation ready
"But you are wearing one already"...
"That is not for 'meetings', you Maddy" 

Proud and prompt came the reply while real-gold-rimmed glasses got delivered to her.


People don't mind carrying 'extra' even if it means extra cost (space & weight) to carry. Cost-of-carrying 'extra' from home to work, work to leisure, leisure (back) to home: throughout life.

Why (does this happen)?

A confusion of aesthetics taking precedence over functionality.
'How am I seen' gets more important in the rat-race than 'Who-n-How am I'?
'Show' takes precedence over 'reality',
'want over  need', 'cost over value'. 
And 'short-sight' over 'long-sight'. 

Am I 'short-sighted' or 'long-sighted'?
Anyone can take this simple test!

I took one to find myself a mix of both; sometimes 'short-sighted', less time 'long'.

Real journey is to take conscious actions towards being less 'short-sighted' a creature. And faster so!


No comments:

Post a Comment