I am trying (to understand). In the process, I hope to share my experiences on this platform... When I write, I need to self-talk, read, re-read, (re-write)... Then I find gaps, my mis-understandings, errors both in my writing as well as in behavior. And I get lessons on what I need to learn/improve. Then I try. I fail. I re-try. I fail. Did I? No, because I tried again. This is my way of life to lead myself: Personally and Professionally. Checkout my other blogs and work at http://www.worldOFkaizen.com/

Friday 6 December 2013

MaiKu Is My-Haiku

Haiku, the smallest poetry form in the world, is a Japanese form of poetry. It means the "beginning" without any end.

Hence it is also called as "unfinished" poetry that is left to the reader to finish based on his or her own understanding, feelings or emotions in reaction to the imagery or the dream that it creates. In that sense, it involves the reader to create his own extraordinary-experience-from-the-ordinary.

I am not even worth the salt in light of the subject of Haiku. But still the self-proclaimed experimental-unreasonable me dared to create a version of Haiku called Maiku© with some inherent advantages that I thought of. I found it very useful for my own self.

Here is a MaiKu on the original Haiku itself.

Haiku: An IQ¹-picture painted 
With suggestions in few words, well-laid  
Create thy meaning beautifully heeded

Here is a MaiKu on My-Haiku.

MaiKu Is My-Haiku
Freely ideate it's poetic rhymes
An objective topic it chimes

The second one captures Maiku's essence as brought out here-under while comparing it with the characteristics of a typical Haiku that the first one captures.

Differences between MaiKu and Haiku

While one may find a lot of literature on Haiku, here's how a Maiku differentiates itself from a HaiKu.

Haiku is usually communicated in a single breath.
MaiKu may be broken preferably in not more than 3 logical pieces in order to communicate it's construction.

Haiku is 5+7+5 sounds or syllables.
MaiKu is an interrelation of (preferably) not more than 3 small rhyming-phrases without restriction on words though. 

In order to provide for the continuity of the dream or story the author may have in her mind, she may write a number of Maiku's in sequence. But at the same time each one should be capable of being standalone to catch a couple of breaths of.

Haiku recommends imagery. 
MaiKu prefers to have an image or sketch of its source of inspiration.

Unlike Haiku, MaiKu may be used to quickly freeze a topic of interest, complex or simple, particularly when a poet or even a writer is hard-pressed for time to express her thoughts elaborately.

Relevant subject can be expanded and developed as an article later on when time permits. In fact, MaiKu is a smaller poem or a micro/tiny tale that may potentially contain a larger poetry or a larger story that can be subsequently expanded. In that case the phrases in Maiku may necessarily contain key words freely flowing (like the freaking trouser legs in picture) on the subject under consideration.

In fact, this blogpost itself is the sequel to the Haikus that I wrote here.

Call it a MaiKu or a Haiku but do write it. 

It's very useful to express oneself and gain audience that is busy enough to consume anything more than a few Tweets.

So interesting it is that it instantly generates pleasure and happiness while writing it. 

It helps you to stay positive by engaging you in subtleties of each moment. It doesn't give crying people an opportunity to cry if they fall for it. 

It also might relieve you off fear or tension if the situation is dissected looking for positives in it and then expressed in lighter vein in the form of a MaiKu or Haiku. I just freak out the word 'tension' for instance by a Maiku: 

Shun the tension
Look at the free-flowing oxygen,
Exchange greetings at muscle's junctions!!


Footnote:

1. Here the IQ actually represents IQ+EQ+SQ: Intelligence Quotient, Emotional Quotient, Spiritual Quotient

No comments:

Post a Comment