I am trying (to understand). In the process, I hope to share my experiences on this platform... When I write, I need to self-talk, read, re-read, (re-write)... Then I find gaps, my mis-understandings, errors both in my writing as well as in behavior. And I get lessons on what I need to learn/improve. Then I try. I fail. I re-try. I fail. Did I? No, because I tried again. This is my way of life to lead myself: Personally and Professionally. Checkout my other blogs and work at http://www.worldOFkaizen.com/

Thursday 11 April 2013

Happy Good(i)-Day

That's how I ended my reply to the SMSes received today. 

Today is NOT one of those typical Good(i)-Days, rather it is one of the most auspicious Gud(i)-Days titled 'Gudi-Padava' in Indian (Hindu) calender.

For spiritually advanced, it may be JUST one of those Good-days because for them every-day is a Good-Day. That's how it should be actually. (Not true for me yet).

One of the SMSes that I received was a picture that 'spoke' a lot. Houses (mostly in western Maharashtra  sport something like in the picture.

My reply to picture-SMS in anticipation of brick-bats for being amateur-istic poetic was: 

"WOW Loveable..
I was Casual...until I saw the Visual..
Now a little more Knowledge-able..
Need blessings to be Learn-able..
Happy Good(i)-Day... "

Actually, most Indian festivals like in other parts of the world try to communicate something Good-and-Right. May be 'these' festivals are those 'Special-Days' in order to re-mind 'Materialistic-Us' to be mind-ful of the forgotten 'Spiritual-Us'.

Our 'senses' are the entry-gates to our Knowledge-building and 'eyes' are one of the most effective-&-efficient ones at that. That's why there exist symbolic-festivals with symbolic-visuals like in picture above. Purpose is to make us Knowledge-able and to some extent Do-able i.e. making us 'Able' to practise the know-ledge that is left on-the-ledge on previous Festival-Day.

Unfortunately 'Materialistic-Us' do not take us beyond making us Knowledge-able ones. The real challenge is to practise the know-ledge on-the-ledge. 

'Spiritual-Selves' practise it everyday. That's why they are (a step ahead of the Knowledge-ables) known as the Learned-ones: the Saints. 

The Learned 'Do' the 'Good and Right' that others claim to 'Know'. The Learned 'practise' it every-time when needed. 

God, somehow on festival day I try to be Knowledge-able.
But I badly need your blessings to be Learn-able.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for reading ninad.. i am sure u've vision to be learned... a step ahead of knowledge-ables..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete